Rules for submission include:
Must be a 4-H member (not necessarily a shooting sports participant). May
be a team (any size), 4-H Club, or individual submission. Participants must be
from the same county.
Logo and Theme Requirements:
Images may be hand drawn or computer generated.
Electronic images must be in a jpg format.
Logo will be featured on the back of the t-shirts
If selected, the image may be modified for printing purposes.
December 3, 2010.
Submission Rights and Credits:
All submissions become the property of Texas AgriLife Extension Service.
4-H Members release all rights to future use of logo.
Credit will be provided to individual, team, or club submitting winning logo in
the 2011 National 4-H Shooting Sports Invitational program of events.
Winning entry will be voted on by Texas 4-H faculty & staff.
Winner will be notified and winning entry will be featured in January
So, what makes a good t-shirt design? There are a few things to remember:
- Texas is the host for the 2011 match. Include a reference to the state in the design so that the shirt isn't just another Invitational shirt, but a memento of the Invitational Texas hosted.
- Try to come up with a catchphrase or slogan for the event. Last year, we used "Shooting Straight in the Lone Star State." Nebraska used "Aiming our best in the Midwest."
- The logo will be used on our event program for the week, so make sure it is appropriate for many different contexts.
- Be sure the logo is relevant to all disciplines represented at the match: air pistol, air rifle, compound archery, recurve archery, smallbore pistol, smallbore rifle, hunting, muzzleloading, and shotgun. The logo doesn't have to include the image of a firearm, but if it does, make sure it can represent all disciplines.
- We just need a design for the backs of t-shirts. The front logo remains the same. You can find that on the top of the image below:
If you have any questions about this office, feel free to contact me. I'm more than willing to help. Good luck and I hope to see your submissions in the office in December!
Have a great rest of the week!