Friday, October 1, 2010

Happenings in the 4-H Natural Resources Office

Good Friday afternoon, everyone!

Can you believe it is already October? I can't! We have been so busy wrapping up our fall training workshops and finalizing the program calendar for the next year. I can assure you we have many great things in the works for the upcoming year.

Today marks the first day the Shooting Sports program has utilized 4-H Connect for Event Registration. From today until November 5, participants can register for the 2011 Postal Leagues via 4-H Connect. I am excited that we are finally utilizing this program and I know it will help our program out immensely. I believe we will be more efficient and will be able to wrap up these events in a timely manner.

We have been deep in the planning processes for the 2011 National 4-H Shooting Sports Invitational. I'm sure we will be making multiple trips to different venues between now and June. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can find the perfect venues to support all the activities we host during the Invitational week. Regardless, we have all been having a good time checking out the different facilities...




Even Dr. Boleman has been having fun with us on the search for venues. 

Along those same lines, we are having a t-shirt design contest for the Invitational. Because our 2010 shirt was such a success, we really weren't sure how we would improve for 2011. Our solution: we decided to let the youth design their shirts.The complete contest details can be found on our web page under National Invitational.

Since it is the first of the month, you can check out the October issue of Straight Shots on our web page texas4-h.tamu.edu. This month's issue describes the postal league registration and score reporting processes in great detail, and also includes the October program calendar. Also inside the newsletter is a call for news articles. I recently received an email with a local news article attached. The article reported on a 4-H member who is actively involved in Shooting Sports and was awarded a Gold Star award at her county banquet. I realized that I would like to have more of these types of articles in the office. I like to stay connected with our youth on their local level. That is where it all begins, right? If you have an article that your 4-Hers are featured in, mail it to us by USPS or email. I'd love to hang it on my cabinet.

If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, feel free to contact us by phone or email (preferable). We're always open to new ideas and ways to serve YOU!

Have a great weekend!
-Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment